Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Hard 2 Beat


Breakfast was ready when I arrived back from my morning run. 'Eggs my dear?' Tamara called out. As you see them is how I found them!

Out of the frying pan and onto the table. Next to the table was a tripod, and Tamara busy with the digital camera.

Another good idea, or a failure to understand that I like my eggs sunny side down.

'What the shit is going on?' I asked. 'Last week I got ice cream and cheese cake laced with rasberry sauce, plateless. This morning it's eggs a'la mode.' She was so obsessed with the bloody eggs, she refused to let me eat them until some expression of literary genius had escaped my haggled brain.


'Do me a favour, I'm shit wet from sweat and rain, its freezing outside, my lips are blue, my cheeks don't exist and you want me to christen your latest campaign with words of wisdom???'

I left the kitchen, and the temptation of the fried eggs, and went to the shower.

Hot water was my only relief from the chill that pervaded my entire body. Okay, so you try to guess what happened next. Some people get their best ideas whilst standing naked in a stream of hot water (that's why Einstein lived next door to a public urinal).

It came to me 30 seconds after I stepped in. Wives are such annoying creatures. There was no towel near the shower. I ran downstairs, dripping.


'No towels!' I shouted.


She looked at me in amazement: 'The blinds are open - the neighbours can see everything!' Thats the first thing she said.

'Got it!' I shouted.

'What!' she asked, as she drew down the blinds.

'The answer - the copy for your egg ad.'

That's how it happened, but she liked it and laughed, although being Canadian, she didn't really understand the pun, so maybe she was laughing at my wet dripping body, or maybe the fact the cleaner had just emerged from the laundry room next to the kitchen.

Marcus (unsupervised by Tamara)

No comments: